• My Facebook
  • My Email

Friday, September 5, 2008

to have Ramadhan outside Indonesia


It's my first time to have the holy month of Ramadhan outside my own country, off course that everything will be different particularly the duration of the fasting that we practice, but hey it's an experience that worth dying :) I arrived at Charles de Gaulle airport in 1st September 2008 and continue to Rochefort, it's about 2 hours by TGV, if you imagine TGV like the train we have in Indonesia...well...not even close hehe, 2 hours by TGV equal to..maybe..approximate 10 hours with PJKA..yes sir it's like heaven and earth.
so i have my sahur here and break fasting also, thanks God that I have some Arabic friends here (three comes from Saudi and two others from Yemen) so i can be accustomed to the Ramadhan in France. well you see...when you are in Indonesia to have brother muslim around you it' doesnt feel special because you are the majority,but when you are the minority the bond felt strong. so here I am doing the fasting in other country. even when you are doing the Jum'ah prayer it felt different because the place that we have to do the prayer can't be called mosque, maybe just a 'surau' or 'langgar' in Indonesia, but the jama'ah that attend it came from all over the country, Africa, Europe, Mid East, and surely Indonesia hehe


2 comments:

JoVie said...

wow..what do you feel to get "fasting" there?

Maybe in summer time would feel "longer day to get fasting"

But, I think that's graet experience...

Bagus said...

wah seru udah dingin banget terus puasanya lama :)